- Comprises primarily copper, nickel, zinc and niobium operations
- Operates in South America, southern Africa and Ireland
- Copebrás produces phosphate fertilisers
Products and uses
- Copper is used mainly in wire and cable, as well as in brass, tubing and pipes
- Zinc is chiefly employed in galvanising
- Nickel is mostly used in the production of stainless steel
|$ million||12 months
31 Dec 2007
31 Dec 2006
|Net operating assets||4,989||4,599|
|Share of Group operating profit (%)||45%||44%|
|Share of Group net operating assets (%)||19%||22%|
(1) Share of Group operating profit and share of Group net operating assets for both 2007 and 2006 is based on continuing operations and therefore excludes the contribution of Mondi and AngloGold Ashanti.
(2) In 2007, Copebrás and Yang Quarry were reclassified from Industrial Minerals to Base Metals and Coal respectively to align with internal management reporting. As such, the comparative data has been reclassified.